St. Valentine's Day is the perfect time to get your loved one (or yourself!) something special. Whatever you're looking to spoil that special someone with, Elements of Nutrition will have it! From sweets to self-care, we have it all.
These are only a few choice selections from our sweets. We have chocolate, hard candy, mints, even chocolate bars with love notes included!
Take care of yourself or your significant other with our self care products, like body oils and bubble bath. We also have bath salts, face masks, and lotions in a variety of scents. We even have men's care products!
You can even show your pup some love with our Lazy Dog pup-pies! We have three different kinds - pizza, carob peanut butter, and a birthday pie.
After New Year's Eve, everyone makes resolutions for the new year. If yours are to start eating healthier or to lose weight, Elements of Nutrition is here to help! Stop in and see our registered dietitian and to take part in our new year sale, where you can get 15% off all vitamins and 10% off all other products (Beaverdam pet products and fresh produce do not qualify).
Garcinia Cambogia is a small fruit that is native to Indonesia. Many cultures use this fruit to aid in weight loss, stomach ulcers, and digestive problems. The extract of this fruit is very helpful for weight loss. It is known to be a fat blocker, appetite suppressor, and metabolism booster, as well as lowering blood cholesterol, and improving immune function.
Coffee beans are originally green, before being roasted and sold to consumers. Green coffee beans are full of antioxidants and pharmacologically active compounds. Caffeine and chlorogenic acid are two of the most important active compounds in green coffee beans. Chlorogenic acid is believed to be the main ingredient that produces weight loss effects, but it is removed once the coffee is roasted. Because of this, regular coffee beans won't produce the same effect as green coffee beans.
Green tea is one of the most popular types of tea, loved for it's wonderful taste and plethora of health benefits. Not only does it pack a lot of caffeine, making it a great alternative to coffee, but it is also teeming with antioxidants that are called catechins that help support fat loss, immune function, and cardiovascular health. Elements of Nutrition stocks many different kinds of green tea, but for those who just want the benefits, we also have green tea extract supplements.
If you're planning to hit the gym, consider a protein powder to see the most results. Protein is used for the production of muscles. The best time to consume protein is right after a workout because it helps to heal the micro-tears you create in muscles while working out. Since food takes longer to digest and break down protein, it's faster to drink a protein shake, which will deliver the protein to your muscles within 30 minutes. Elements of Nutrition carries many different varieties of protein powder, so we have something for everyone!
EAT BETTER, LIVE BETTER!
The holidays are hard for everyone, luckily Elements of Nutrition is here to help you stay happy and healthy with these five tips and products.
1. Probiotics: Proper intestinal flora should be about 80-85% good bacteria to 15-20% pathogenic bacteria. Having the proper intestinal flora could help with bloating caused by indulging on food during the holidays. At Elements of Nutrition, we have plenty of probiotic products for you to prepare your digestive system, from supplements to kombucha to sauerkraut!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar could help improve your overall digestive health, while giving your pancreas a break. You can take it any time - before, during, or after a meal. Try it in water with lemon and honey! Elements of Nutrition carries two different brands of apple cider vinegar, along with apple cider vinegar capsules too!
3. Ginger: Ginger usually helps with stomach problems. Elements of nutrition carries ginger in many forms - supplements, tea, crystallized, and chocolate covered ginger. Try some today!
4. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Recent research suggests that omega-3 fatty acids might protect the skin, might have anti-inflammatory effects, and even might have some impact on mental health. Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is one of the primary omega-3 fatty acids, and it can be found in flaxseed, chia seed, and walnuts.; here at Elements of Nutrition we carry all in bulk, and we have other options as well!
5. Sunscreen: Ultraviolet A (UVA) rays are the type of ultraviolet light responsible for penetrating deep layers of skin, which might cause cell damage and lead to cancer. Ultraviolet B (UVB) rays only penetrate the superficial layers of skin. UVB is less intense during winter months, while UVA stays just as strong. That's why it's important to keep your skin care and sunscreen routine year round. Here at Elements of Nutrition, we carry Nature's Gate sunscreen, which offers both UVA and UVB protection, with added natural botanicals, antioxidants, and oils to keep your skin moisturized and healthy-looking!